“When auDA Members are STILL being ignored, we get Grumpy!”
We are sharing this platform because we both stand for the same basic principles. Plus we like and respect each other.
Our fundamental starting point is that auDA is a membership organisation, and all members deserve better communication and transparency. That is how “Grumpy” was born earlier this year – some members got frustrated with being treated like “mushrooms”, and so they effected change by using the Corporations Act to hold a Special General Meeting. You can read about that here.
Sadly, not much has changed since the SGM. So the only way we can hope to effect a different culture is to stand for election – and win of course!
Demand Class members get 2 votes each at this year’s election on the 28th November. Whilst we hope that you may support both of us, you do of course have the option of voting for just one of us – or neither of us! We believe we can offer members diverse skill sets that are much needed at auDA.
- auDA should be a true membership organisation.
- Total transparency with all members and stakeholders.
- Better communication and consultation.
- Prompt publication of Agendas, Minutes & Reports.
- Proper and effective growth of the Australian namespace to benefit all participants.
- Free auDA membership to all registrants (opt-in).
- Updating the very tired auDA Constitution.
- Strong effective leadership for the benefit of all.
What We Stand Against
- Lack of proper consultation with all auDA members.
- Direct Registration – it is a double tax on registrants.
- Introducing biggest change to .au without first consulting all registrants.
- Blame games against past Directors and staff.
- Divisions between Supply and Demand – we are all Members. It shouldn’t be “them and us”.
- The amount of red tape for registrars, re-sellers and registrants.
“I’ve known Ned for nearly ten years, and during that time he’s shown that he is a man of principle and conviction.
He’s an ideal candidate, and I strongly recommend that Demand Class members get behind him.”
Andrew Wright, Marketing Project Manager, Brisbane
“Linux Australia, Inc is delighted to endorse Nicole Murdoch’s nomination to be elected as a Demand Class Director of auDA.
Nicole’s unique skillset in both information technology and intellectual property make her an ideal candidate to tackle the challenges auDA is now confronting.
Her desire to ensure effective governance, transparency and openness align closely with Linux Australia’s own values. She will be a strong asset to the auDA board.”
Kathy Reid – President
I first worked with Ned on the 2012 auDA Industry Advisory Panel. During that process, and over the proceeding years, I’ve found Ned to be a passionate, informed and collaborative contributor to the Australian Domain Name community.
Ned’s ability to negotiate and consider multiple scenarios and options, while also fearlessly standing up for matters of principle, make him an ideal candidate for the auDA Board.
Former General Manager – International and Government Affairs – auDA
Over many years, I’ve come to realise Ned’s passion for the .au space is unsurpassable. He has stood up and fought for transparency in our industry many times, and often does so at the expense of his own affairs.
I’ve been an auDA member for 7 years, and I think Ned is exactly what the organization needs. He would make an excellent Director – and I endorse him wholeheartedly.
Technical Lead, IE Digital
“As a colleague of Ned’s for many years, I’ve been inspired by his enthusiasm, dedication, work ethic, and willingness to invest whatever it takes to protect and grow the Australian domain name space.
I would recommend Ned as an auDA Director, without any hesitation, and would feel very confident that the future of our industry would be in safe and experienced hands. “
Jen Sale – Co-Founder, Evergreen.com
Please use the contact form below to send us an email, or feel free to give Ned a call using the number below.